Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Porcelain Painting Summer Camp

Hi dear readers,


     I spent the first week of June in porcelain painting summer camp in North East of Finland.The camp took place in a little town in Northern Karelia called Lieksa. The camp site was next to a beautiful lake and all around us was beautiful North Karelian forests with lots of tall ever greens. We spent several hours every day painting porcelain under the supervision of our lovely and very skillful teacher Aino Hoikka. 
      
     Unfortunately I was absent minded enough to forget to take my camera with me, so my photos are taken with my cellphone camera, so I apologize for the poor quality. But luckily this camp is an annual event and for sure I will be participating next year as well and I sure will remember my camera next time! Besides the scenery was so picturesque and glorious that even poor cellphone camera quality cannot hide its magnificent beauty!
     
      Here are the photos from the area. I took these photos at midnight. So here you can see northern midnight sun! As you might know close to North Pole the sun never really sets during the summer, but only goes to a setting position, but instead of setting stays low for a short while and then rises up again. It is really beautiful. 


    Every night after our class ended and we sent our painted porcelain to the kiln I went to take a walk around the lake and in the local forest. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday! I never felt so in love with my adopted country, Finland, as when I was walking in the local forest in Lieksa under the midnight sun!


      I hope you can enjoy these photos despite their poor quality:


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia

Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia






Forests of northern Karelia


young spruce tree, forest, north karelia


wild flowers,nnorth karelia, finland, lieksa


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland




Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland








Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland, boat house




Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland


Lake in Lieksa Northern Karelia finland, midnight sun




  In the next post I will show you the dishes that I painted during this trip. So join me next time.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment